| Home |   | About |   | A Kitchen Witch? |  

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Painful Gas
















This post is not about too much gas. So for you bean lovers and vegetarians out there, I can't help you much. This post is about painful gas that feels like someone is stabbing you in the gut. If this sounds familiar, keep reading.

Now, I am not going to lecture you too much about the reason you have this gas. You are probably already aware that it was caused by those chicken wings at the bar, the cheeseburger you ate at lunch, or whatever other overly fatty food you ingested earlier in the day. I will simply say that I hope you go ahead and realize these types of foods don't do much for your health and can obviously also cause painful gas!

One of the best and easiest home remedies for this ailment is peppermint tea. Yeah, I know that sounds weak, but I can assure you it is not. An 8 oz. cup or two of real peppermint tea provides extreme relief for this ailment. I usually put an organic bag of peppermint tea in 8 oz. of boiling water and allow it to steep for about 3-4 minutes. A touch of sugar is also nice and enhances the flavor of the mint.

After drinking the tea, I really recommend lying on your side. I don't know how to convey this gently, but it allows the gas to exit a bit easier. If you feel you need a little extra help, have another cup.

Please let me know if you try it....

*Photo by lefebvre_jonathan at PhotoXpress

1 comment:

  1. Basil, thyme and parsley tea helps too! Fennel really helps squeeze out the fart babies, if you can handle the licoricey taste.

    ReplyDelete

Please do comment, Dearies!